- We Have Extensive Experience Handling Family Law Matters
- We Have An Exceptional Track Record Of Success
- We Prioritize Client Satisfaction & The Well-Being Of Your Family
- We Offer Affordable Payment Plans & Free Case Consultations
- We Charge Flat Fee Rates For Uncontested Divorces
- We Are Available For Weekend & Evening Appointments
Representing the Best Interests of Your Children. Call Us at (205) 422-0704.
Children are precious, and are of the utmost importance during a divorce. Either party in a divorce can request that an attorney be appointed to represent the children and to protect their best interests. This attorney is the guardian ad litem, is appointed by the Judge, and represents only the children. Attorney Richelle H. Gossman is a licensed and certified guardian-ad-litem, and has been appointed to represent children in numerous cases in the courts of Birmingham, Alabama.
Would you like to discuss your situation in a free initial consultation? Start with a case evaluation.Birmingham Child Custody Lawyer: Striving for the Child's Best Interest
Many factors are taken into consideration when determining custody, and the goal of the Court is to determine the best interests of the child. Many things are taken into consideration, including the parent’s relationship with the child, current living arrangements, alcohol or drug issues, employment, school zones, health, etc.
Factors that influence child custody decisions include:
- Child Custody Lawyer Abuse or neglect by either parent
- The current custody arrangement and living situations
- Any history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Each parent's employment and financial stability
- The child's preference when applicable
There are many different types of custody, including joint custody, shared custody, and sole custody. Joint custody is when both parents have equal custody and custodial rights. Sole custody is when one parent has legal and physical custody, and the noncustodial parent has designated visitation periods, the right to all medical and school records, etc. Shared custody can be almost any mixture of the two, and specifies who the primary decision maker is when the parties are unable to agree on different issues. Custody is a very complex subject involving multiple factors, which is another reason why it is so important to retain a lawyer.Contact Gossman Law Firm, LLC Today
When you come to us, our Birmingham child custody attorney can listen to all your concerns and help you create a plan of action. With over eight years of experience, we have the knowledge and skill that it takes to earn a positive outcome. To get started, schedule an appointment with us today; we offer weekend and evening meeting times for your convenience.
Contact our firm at (205) 422-0704 to get in touch with a compassionate and skilled lawyer who can help.