Representing The Best Interests Of Your Children
Children are precious and are of the utmost importance during a divorce. Family law lawyer Richelle Gossman with Gossman Law Firm, LLC, will help you stand up for your children’s best interests in your custody matters. Custody is a very complex subject involving multiple factors, which is another reason why it is so important to retain a lawyer.
So, why hire Gossman Law Firm, LLC, in Birmingham?
- More than 15 years of experience handling divorce and other family law matters
- An exceptional track record of success
- Prioritize client satisfaction and the well-being of your family
- Affordable payment plans and free case consultations
- Flat-fee rates for uncontested divorces
- Available for weekend and evening appointments
What Factors Affect Child Custody?
Many factors are taken into consideration when determining custody, and the goal of the court is to determine the best interests of the child. Courts take into consideration factors such as:
- Abuse or neglect by either parent
- The current custody arrangement and living situations
- Any history of drug or alcohol abuse
- Each parent’s employment and financial stability
- The child’s preference when applicable
What Are The Different Forms Of Custody In Alabama?
There are many different types of custody, including joint custody, shared custody and sole custody.
- Joint custody is when both parents have equal custody and custodial rights.
- Sole custody is when one parent has legal and physical custody and the noncustodial parent has designated visitation periods, the right to all medical and school records, etc.
- Shared custody can be almost any mixture of the two and specifies who the primary decision-maker is when the parties are unable to agree on different issues.
Guardian Ad Litem
Either party in a divorce can request that an attorney be appointed to represent the children and to protect their best interests. This attorney is known as the guardian ad litem, appointed by the judge and represents only the children.
Family law attorney Richelle H. Gossman is a licensed and certified guardian ad litem and has been appointed to represent children in numerous cases in cases throughout Birmingham, Alabama.
Schedule A Free Custody Consultation
At Gossman Law Firm, LLC, Ms. Gossman will listen to your concerns and help create an actionable and comprehensive plan of action. She has the knowledge and skill it takes to find the right solution for you. To get started, schedule a free initial consultation today. Call 205-498-7455. Payment plans available for complex matters.
Disclaimer: The following language is required by rule 7.2 of professional conduct: “No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.”