Exclusively handling complex divorce and family law matters for individuals throughout Birmingham

Changing A Child Support Or Divorce Arrangement In Alabama

Given that life is always changing, you may find it necessary to modify an existing child custody, support or divorce order. Though the law allows for modifications, they will not always be granted. Such an action requires a careful analysis of the changes, preparation of documents and evidence. It also must be in the best interests of the child.

Over 15 Years Of Experience

Attorney Richelle Gossman with Gossman Law Firm, LLC, helps families in Birmingham, Alabama, seek modifications when needed. Whether you need to increase the amount of child support that you receive or if your circumstances have changed and you need to modify what you are currently paying in child support, Richelle has over 15 years of experience to petition the court on your behalf.

Seeking A Child Support Modification

There are many reasons for a child support modification, including:

  • Change of custody
  • Change in income
  • Medical emergencies
  • Loss of employment
  • Change in the child’s needs

Helping With Contempt Orders

In the state of Alabama, the Department of Human Resources (DHR) may assist parties in collecting past-due child support and modifications. If DHR has filed a contempt action against you, Richelle can help. She can answer the summons and file counterclaims when appropriate.

Get A Family Law Attorney On Your Side

If you are considering filing a petition for modification but are confused by the process or unsure about the merits of your case, schedule an appointment with Richelle to learn about your options.

The initial consultation is free, giving you the chance to familiarize yourself with the laws and get answers to questions about your specific circumstances. Should you decide to proceed with a petition for modification, Richelle can help you prepare the necessary paperwork, evidence and documents.

Call 205-498-7455 today. Free consultations. Payment plans available for complex cases.

Disclaimer: The following language is required by rule 7.2 of professional conduct: “No representation is made that the quality of the legal services to be performed is greater than the quality of legal services performed by other lawyers.”